Essentially having sources of protein ready to go is the only way I can maintain anything resembling a balanced diet. That includes Steak! So, what you are going to read below is not for the “perfect steak” served fresh off a grill or what ever your trained sensibilities would forcefully like to see.
This is a medium to well done steak that is meant to be distributed across a few meals over a couple of days for you & your loved/not-so-loved ones.
- For your choice cut of steak around 1-2.5 inches thick
- On cast iron skillet/pan season with salt, choice of cooking oil (I like canola or grape seed) & when your guests are distracted, 1-4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- (add pepper later for it will BURN under the high heat)
- From medium to high heat cook each side 8-10 minutes
- (Use the vapour/smoke from the butter as your indication as to whether turn the heat down)
- When finally cooked, let it rest for about 10 minutes then chop for current or later meals
- For current meal, pour natural sauce from pan over the steak and serve
Pictured here atop a caeser salad